Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Continuing to listen to things I found at the Jerusalem Post, I found America's Voices. It is subtitled as Broadcasting the Real Story from Israel to America. I haven't listen to the whole series but what I have heard is one sided. The choice of what to host on the webite especially so. Maybe it would be too much to expect otherwise. Among the full articles dedicated to "thanks to El Al" and "thanks to the David Citadel Hotel" for supporting the cultural exchange I found Ruthie Blum talking about "the Flip Side" and Dore Gold talking about the "Road Map for Peace" Blum's article is about the nature of living in Israel and very charming. Gold's is an opportunity for Sharon's approach to the Road Map to be broadcast to American audiences and informative albeit one-sided.
I continued looking for material by Ruthie Blum. I read her current column at the Jerusalem Post (a sort of quick enjoyable and melancholy work) and found her audio archive there. I have not yet listened to any of these stories but look forward to them.
Later I was nosing around for more interesting stories and found this one about the Machlis family. They host Shabbat meals and this and every subsequent story I could find about them priases their conviction and hospitality. I hope I might be able share a meal with them someday.
Peace,
Paul

No comments: