Tuesday, July 29, 2003

I had an accident. It’s a little embarrassing... I have been biking out at Red Rock Canyon a little west of my house in Vegas. Sunday I was coasting down the second half of the scenic loop when improbably a huge moth and I intersected paths. This moth tries to make a home in my mouth and I (being an insect in mouth, ah, disliker) freaked out and fell. I broke my fall with a head-elbow, shoulder, & hip combo.
Two guys stopped to help me, thanks two guys.
I was able to drive to the trauma center where my friend works and he put staples in my head, thanks friend.
Everything is going to be alright. I'm taking this experience as a sort of "get out of jail free" version of the bike with a helmet lesson.

If you don’t know it, check out Tyler Hamilton’s story from the Tour de France. (He’s amazing. It makes my story a little pathetic.)

No comments: