Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Share the Web
As a way of documenting the interesting things I come across surfing the web I will be using 'BlogThis!' frequently. I hope this will have the effect of creating content that will comment on who I am and what interests me. When strung together it might become a sort of web stream of consciousness.

I have the BBC News Ticker running at the bottom of my screen while I work. (You can get it at BBC News | Services | News Ticker.) The headline Bush deplores 'crime' of slavery caught my eye. (It’s the first link below.) The first reaction I had was: Crime in quotations like it isn't really a crime, and maybe we should be surprised that the president deplores slavery. The second: How is this news? Who doesn't deplore slavery? The article led me to want to know what Go're Island was all about. I found the second link at the UNESCO website using a google search for gore island.

BBC NEWS | Africa | Bush deplores 'crime' of slavery

UNESCO - Virtual Visit of Gor�e Island - Senegal

No comments: