Thursday, August 28, 2003

Webcomics
If you want to read a fun (and cheap) web based comic book check out The Right Number by Scott McCloud.
I ran into this comic in a round about way. First I was browsing Friendster.com for new friends, if you can believe it, and I was reading about someone who liked Neil Gaiman. That reminded me to check out his blog. From there I learned about BitPass and how Scott McCloud is using it to distribute his comic webComic The Right Number.
BitPass is a prepaid mircopayments system that lets web content creators charge small amounts for things of value, albiet small value. I jumped right in. Got ten bucks in BitPass credit and bought The Right Number for $0.25. I sure hope that BitPass or something like it will catch on and encourage mircopayments.
Following the same thread I ran across CafePress.com which lets bloggers (anyone with a webpage) have their content manufactured for their audience. CafePress takes a cut and bloggers develop another revenue stream.

No comments: